The Middlesex Concert Band is incorporated as a nonprofit corporation under Massachusetts law and is registered as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with the IRS, so all qualified donations are tax-deductible. Federal ID No. 04-3400235.
The band’s operating budget comes exclusively from ticket sales, donations and concert fees; we are not affiliated with any municipality or other institution. All band members are volunteers and are not compensated for their time or travel. Our main operating expenses come from our rehearsal space rental fees, conductor stipend, and purchasing new music and equipment.
What you can do to help
Not all contributions have to be financial, so there’s always a way YOU can help!
- Purchase a much-needed musical score. Music typically costs $100-$150 per piece and our library is in dire need of updated music we’d love to play for you!
- Buy an ad in our Program, seen by over thousands of concert-goers throughout the year, for as little as $25. Visit the Advertising page for more details.
- Donate moving van services or the cost of a truck rental. Each performance requires a small box truck to move all of the percussion equipment. Sponsor one trip or the full summer (approximately 3 trips).
- Donate a collapsible Manhasset music stand or the value of a music stand. The band currently only owns a handful of music stands, each player must provide his/her own. The cost of each stand is $50.
- Help us purchase needed musical equipment.
- RaiseRight Purchase gift cards at regular price and send a donation of 2-15% to the band. It’s easy! Visit our RaiseRight Card page for more information.
- Corporate Sponsorship. Special opportunities for you and your company to support a local group. Click here for this coming year’s opportunities.
To make a donation, send a check or money order to the address below.
A receipt for the tax-deductible amount will be mailed to you.
Middlesex Concert Band
P.O. Box 128
Wakefield, MA 01880
To discuss other contributions, please contact President