What Is RaiseRight?
When you purchase with RaiseRight, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use these to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for the band. RaiseRight is available as one-time-use gift cards, reloadable gift cards, and instant e-certificates.
How RaiseRight generates revenue
RaiseRight acts on behalf of non-profit organizations like the Middlesex Concert Band to purchase large amounts of gift cards from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because it is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Once a month, the band collects orders from members at face-value and buys the gift cards from RaiseRight at a discount. The discount – from two to fifteen percent or more – is the band’s revenue.
RaiseRight is “shopping cart fundraising”
RaiseRight is a popular fundraiser because members don’t have to sell anything. Band members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, gasoline, even plane tickets and hotel stays can be purchased with RaiseRight.
Now You Can Help, Too
Through raiseright.com, you can add your buying power to our members’ to earn even more for the band. In recent years, proceeds have enabled us to purchase a new set of timpani and a full set of chimes. With your help, we can make other needed purchases. See the step-by-step instructions below to put your shopping dollars to work for the Middlesex Concert Band!
Support the Band in
4 Easy Steps…
1. Create an account.
First, obtain the band’s Enrollment Code from the treasurer of the band (email@example.com). Then go to raiseright.com and click the “Sign Up” link to create your account. Enter the band’s Enrollment Code and click on Register.
2. Set up a payment method.
You may link a checking account to your RaiseRight account so your order can be automatically drafted from your checking account.
Alternatively, you may pay by check made out to “Middlesex Concert Band” and have a band member hand-deliver it for you.
Alternatively, you may pay by credit card.
3. Order your gift cards.
Once your account is set up, go to raiseright.com to place your first order. Keep these ordering tips in mind:
- Orders for RaiseRight gift cards are taken approximately once per month. Check with a band member to determine the next order date. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by check, be sure to give it to a band member for delivery on the order date.
- When using your bank account, your e-certificates and reload orders are available immediately. There is no need to wait for the monthly order to be processed.
- There are 100s of options available; browse by category to find what you want.
4. Collect your cards.
Cards are distributed at rehearsal on Thursday evening the week following each order date.
- You can arrange to have a band member deliver your order to you.
- You can stop by our rehearsal to pick up your cards. We rehearse at the First Congregational Church of Reading, 25 Woburn St., Reading MA.